If you are a publisher or an publishing agency, you are assured of an experienced editor who will take every care to produce a thorough job according to your schedule. I have seventeen years of experience working closely with authors and publishers. In that time, I have learnt the value of regular conversations with clients along the way about how projects are going!
If you’re a self-publishing author, perhaps writing for publication for the first time, I would be happy to work with you and we can discuss your needs in detail.
For all enquiries, the first step is simply to fill out my contact form with as much detail as you wish and we can take it from there.
I offer the following editorial services. More information on each can be found by clicking the links (please excuse the explanations if you are reading this as a publishing professional).
I can also do fact checking, carry out alpha and beta checks on platforms, and various other content checks as required.
I don’t work to fixed rates for these services because projects are so diverse. Please get in touch and we can discuss the fee.
Important note: There has recently been considerable media coverage of so-called ‘essay-writing’ services, where students purchase material and submit it to their institutions as their own work. I do not provide an essay-writing service, I do not claim any particular level of subject-specialist knowledge, and I do not condone plagiarism or dishonesty in any way. I provide editorial help as described above only.
My usual Terms and Conditions are as follows:
- These terms & conditions apply to any work done for the client by Lowe Editorial Services (hereafter LES).
- The client is under no obligation to offer LES work; neither is LES under any obligation to accept work offered by the client
- LES will provide service(s) as mutually agreed, confirmed in writing by the client.
- The work will be carried out unsupervised at such times and places as determined by LES.
- Andrew Lowe confirms that he is self-employed and is responsible for his own income tax and National Insurance contributions.
- The client will pay LES an agreed fee for the job.
- The completed work will be delivered on or before the date agreed, for the agreed fee, which will be based on the description of the work required and any briefing notes, both supplied by the client.
- If, however, on receipt of the item(s) to be worked on or at an early stage it becomes apparent that significantly more work is required than had been anticipated in the preliminary discussion/briefing notes, LES may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
- Similarly, if, during the term of LES’ work, additional tasks are requested by the client, LES may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
- If the project is lengthy, LES may invoice periodically for completed stages.
- All changes to the materials supplied by the client are clearly marked in the document(s) LES supplies as completed. If the client has any questions or problems with viewing those changes, the client should contact LES as soon as possible. All proofread materials are supplied to the client in good faith with the intention that the client will check the document(s) thoroughly before passing to any third party.
- The client remains entirely responsible for the content and factual accuracy of the document(s). LES provides no guarantee that the proofread document(s) will be completely error-free. LES does not claim to have subject expertise. LES accepts no liability for errors in the document or any resulting harm. LES does not endorse, recommend or support the content of any documents proofread for clients. LES assumes no liability for the infringement of third-party copyright in the content of documents sent to clients. LES is not liable for any damage to computer hardware or software arising from the distribution of a computer virus and LES advises all clients to ensure they have adequate computer security protection.
- Any content created by LES as part of the editing/proofreading process will become the copyright of the client unless otherwise agreed.
- The nature and content of the work will be kept confidential and not made known to anyone other than the client without prior written permission. Client details obtained during the course of the work are stored securely.
- LES guarantees that any work subcontracted on behalf of the client will be completed to the same standard, schedule and budget and with the same conditions of confidentiality.
- Unless agreed otherwise at the outset, payment will be made within 30 days of receipt of LES’ invoice, according to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 (amended 2002 and 2013).
- Either the client or LES has the right to terminate a contract for services if there is a serious breach of its terms.
- Agreements are subject to the laws of England and Wales, and both LES and the client agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.